September 5, 2016

Canadian arrangement of Away in a Manger now available

Manger scene at local Ottawa church

The sheet music for my original setting of this classic Christmas Carol is now available for digital download from SMP Press. The hire process is easy, and you don't have to wait for the sheet music to arrive in the mail. View the sheet music and listen to a sample mp3 of my Ottawa choir, The Stairwell Carollers, singing this arrangement.

My Away in a Manger has a pure and traditional feel. The second verse is sung by only three high voices, giving it an ethereal quality.  
Since there are so many arrangements out there of the more common Kirkpatrick melody, I decided to use the John Hopkin's version which I find equals, if not surpasses, the more well known tune.

Visit my choir's YouTube channel to preview more of my works.
Ciao,
Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all questions and comments. Forgive the verification - it discourages robot spam :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...