September 30, 2016

I saw a swete semly syght - an original Canadian Christmas Carol by Pierre Massie

CD cover, I saw a swete semly syght
I saw a swete semly syght is an original composition I wrote in 1998, based on words from the 15th century Ritson's Manuscript. It became the title track on my choir's most popular Christmas Carol CD to date, "I saw a sweet semly syght".
The composition placed First in the Amadeus Choir International Carol Competition and premiered Dec. 5, 1999, at the Ford Center for the Performing Arts in Toronto. 

The sheet music for my original Christmas Carol is now available for digital download from SMP Press. The hire process is easy, and you don't have to wait for the sheet music to arrive in the mail. View the sheet music and listen to a sample mp3 of my Ottawa choir, The Stairwell Carollers, singing this arrangement.
I saw a swete semly syght CD back with track list
It was also broadcast across Canada on CBC radio on Christmas day. 
NOTE: When I did it with my choir, The Stairwell Carollers, I chose to use the Olde English pronunciation but it can also be sung in standard.
Visit my choir's YouTube channel for videos of my works



Ciao,
Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all questions and comments. Forgive the verification - it discourages robot spam :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...